- Rosy Barb is also known by other name red barb, they are hardy undemanding and good to watch because they are constantly move. this makes them a good choice for a beginners hobbyist.
- they are one of the larger barb species and would need at least a 20 gallon of tank they can reach length up to 4-6″. they can live up to 5 year with proper maintenance and upkeep. and can with stand change in water parameters. like other barbs they also nip on the fin of slow moving long finned fishes. it is therefore necessary to consider to active fishes as their tank mates.
- they are omnivorous and would generally accept all kind of food it would be appropriate to feed them twice or thrice day. keeping in mind that the food is consumed with in three to five minutes and any extra food is removed. this rule of removing the extra food is applicable in most variety of aquarium fishes but in case of tiger barb over feeding could adversely affect their health.
- Partial water change of 25-50% every week would be recommended if the tank is not densely stocked.
- It would be appropriate to have school of 6-7 or more Rosy Barb in a minimum of 15 gallon aquarium. in case of Rosy Barb more fishes would make them more comfortable. the filtration system needs to be a high quality without creating much water turbulence as these fishes prefer slow water movement.
- it would be appropriate to keep smaller size fish or larger size fish in the community tank along with Rosy Barb as small fishes may become target of their fin nipping habits and stressed. these fishes are skilled jumpers it would therefore be necessary to secure the aquarium by covering it.
Product added! Browse Wishlist
The product is already in the wishlist! Browse Wishlist
- Additional information