Super Biochemical Sponge Filter (XY-280)
- Usage Instructions :
- Before use, soak the Bio-foam in aquarium water for 5 mins.
- During maintenance, always rinse the Bio-Foam with drained out aquarium water only. It is advisable not to use tap water or hot water while rinsing and cleaning.
- When re-using the bio-foam, do squeeze the foam in the water to remove all trapped air bubbles. This will keep the filter stay submerged.
- It is recommended and desirable to replace the bio-foam every 6 months, to ensure the effective filtering as well as the growth of the nitrifying bacteria.
- Ensure that air pipe and pump is connected and operational at all times, failure may impede or stop filtration and effective functioning of super biochemical sponge filter.
- Additional information
- This super biochemical sponge filter keeps your aquarium clean.
- The filter provides mechanical and biological filtration for easy aquarium maintenance .
- As a mechanical filtration, it use the air-driven system to create suction, that allows the sponge to capture floating particles in the water and return filtered water into the tank.
- As a biological filtration, harmful wastes are biologically transformed into a relatively harmless substance by aerobic bacteria that accumulates in the sponge.
- This kind of sponge is also suitable for discus breeding tanks, small tropical fish tanks and fry stock tanks.
- Certain fishes may be stressed due to turbulence in the water, caused by water flowing from the internal filters or top filters of the aquarium. It is therefore recommended and desirable to install super biochemical sponge filter in your aquarium to ensure appropriate, de-stressed and healthy environment to your aquarium fishes.